Friday, February 11, 2011

The food you do or don't have

This week has not been the best week for me. My cupboards were not stocked to my liking and somehow I found everything that wasn't good for me very appealing. Let's see...I ate Chefboyardee Raviolis, fruit snacks (because I wanted something fruity!), and Chips ahoy because I couldn't find anything better to eat! Which brings me to my point. Why do we keep crappy food in our homes? Why do we even buy high preservative cans of crap!? Lets face it if its in our house there is a GOOD change that we will eat it. So let's do a clean sweep! I know we have to keep some stuff for others in the home. But get rid of your biggest temptations! And lets eat healthier! Last night I FINALLY made it to Costco and stuffed my house full of healthy snack and meal items. And I feel much better! Last night I enjoyed a nice half cup of slow churned no sugar added vanilla ice cream with fresh raspberries! YUM!! MUCH better than chips ahoy don't ya think?

Side note: Looking back on this week I was not a very happy camper! I was irritable and ornery! See what crappy food does to us?


2 comments:

  1. just found this blog - what a great idea! :) i totally agree about not stocking your cupboards with crappy food, because i've found that if it's there i eat it. one thing that's helped me with healthy snacking is to first make myself drink a big glass of water. also, dried fruit (my current favorite is craisins) is just as easy to reach for as the sweets - usually i just don't want to bother with peeling that orange or cutting up an apple so dried fruit helps with this. having said that, there's some cookie dough in the fridge that is calling to me....! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A site that I go to is Calorieking.com. It's similar to Calorie Count but you can manually go in and input exactly what you ate/how much and see what the calories are as well. :)

    ReplyDelete