Monday, January 31, 2011

Why?


So you may be wondering why I have decided to create this blog. Well over the last 8 months or so I have become very interested in nutrition, food and weight loss. I know some people don't want to read about that. So I created 'A Healthier Me'. This blog is to share what I learn. People today are so busy that sometimes they may have intentions to learn about something but life gets in the way.I've decided that if I can share what I learn with people than I am doing some worth while.

My Story:
I come from a family where diabetes, obesity, and heart problems are prominent. I've struggled with my weight on and off. I am only about 5 feet tall so any kind of weight gain shows. But after gaining a whopping 50lbs when I got pregnant I decided I needed to change something. Just feeling that weight on my 5 foot frame made me promise that I would never get that heavy again. Over the last 8 months I've lost a total of 60 lbs (so far :)). During that journey my interest in nutrition has grown . So here I am. I promise to share all of the interesting facts, tips and even recipes that I find.

Disclaimer:
I am NOT a nutritionist. I have no degree or even certificate. I am going off information I read in books, online, and things that have worked for me. :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome idea for a blog, Suzi! I'm SO very thrilled & excited for you & the way a healthy lifestyle can bless our lives! Way to go on losing 60 pounds... absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you....and for me. I can't wait to see all the tips I can steal. Lord knows I need them. And I'm glad you made a another blog for this....cause it does sort of catch me off guard when I go to look at Kaci and bam! Eat healthy shows up. XOXO :) Love you. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You look awesome and I'm sure you feel a lot better physically as well. Losing weight and eating healthy is super hard...especially when you're surrounded by people who don't have a problem or don't understand. Trust me, I know. I'm excited to continue seeing your progress and goals being accomplished. Way to go, girl!!

    ReplyDelete