Monday, February 27, 2012

Surprise!!

Well some of you are really going to have to bare with me for the next 9 months...that is right. I just found out that I am pregnant! Hopefully those who aren't pregnant won't find it annoying and those that are will find the information useful.

So my goal with this pregnancy is to be healthier than my last (remember I gained 50 lbs! YIKES). The first trimester is always a little harder though because of the nausea and hormones etc. For some reason I feel like a gain weight really fast...like 5 lbs! That is right I'm ONLY 6ish weeks along and I've put on 5 lbs! It is okay though I understand my blood and fluid increases etc. Hormones are crazy and let's face it when you aren't nausueas you want to eat something good! I am still working out 4-6 times a week and trying to get the rest that I need. I also just stocked my fridge and pantry with yummy fruits and veggies that I can snack on. I am a FIRM believer that pregnant women really shouldn't be overly concerned with their wieght during pregnancy. Everyone is SO different and every pregnancy is SO different. I may give advice but remember it is only what works for me. Please consult your doctor if you have concerns. Anyway here is to the next 35 weeks! :)

Any pregnant readers out there? If so how far along are you? Do you have any advice YOU want to share!?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations! That is so exciting! I loved being pregnant and am excited for my next pregnancy. I love to read about other people's pregnancies too. I agree that pregnancy is different for everyone. When I was pregnant everyone kept telling me what would happen (getting sick, gaining weight, retaining fluid, etc.), and then... it wouldn't happen. People assume that how it is for them is how it is for everyone, but really we are all just so different. I didn't gain very much weight with my first pregnancy and I was back to my normal weight within a week of giving birth. My only secret, which really isn't a secret, is walking! I walked 5-6 times a week on our treadmill, for an hour or more, during my whole pregnancy. I'm going to do that with every pregnancy because I think it made it so great. I didn't have any of the typical complaints I hear women talk about while being pregnant... I just felt really healthy and energized and never bloated, swollen or overtired. I didn't worry about what I ate or how much, like I never kept track of any of that, but I made sure that I didn't use pregnancy as an excuse to overeat all the time. I listened to my body, ate when I was hungry, stopped when I was full, and tried not to eat too much junk but didn't obsess if I ate some junk (because I love candy)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gained 40 pounds when I was pregnant with Hendrix and it took me a long time to lose it so I swore I wouldn't gain that much this time around. I would eat a lot at night, even in the middle of the night sometimes (yikes)! This time around I've had the mind set that I don't need to eat any extra food. I weigh myself everyday so I can keep close tabs on the weight gain. I also walk on my treadmill almost everyday for 30 minutes (usually uphill). I think it helps having a busy 3 year old that I chase around all day. I'm 29 weeks and have gained 20 pounds so I'm REALLY hoping to gain 30 pounds at the MOST. You'll do great though! If you tell yourself now that you're not going to gain that much weight, then you won't. You know how bad it sucks to lose it all. lol. I'm super excited that you're pregnant though! YAY for babies!!!!

    ReplyDelete