Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eat This Not That







Okay so I failed to order Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism but I am kind of okay with it because I really don't have a ton of time to read these days. I did however just order the above books and am STOKED!!!!
Why did I decide to order these? Well the other day I went to Barnes and Noble to browse the cookbooks and ran across Cook This Not That. One it has a ton of pictures! I LOVE cookbooks with pictures! I like to see what it is supposed to look like. What really caught my eye was the 'Who Blew Up Food' page. It basically had a table that compared restaurant food, store bought food, & home cooked food. It BLEW ME AWAY!! I put the book back on the shelf and ran home to order it (yep I'm cheap--thank you Amazon)!
While ordering I came across the MANY other This Not That Books--Eat This Not That-Restaurant Survival Guide, Cook This Not That -Supermarket Survival Guide, etc. etc. Anyway I saw the Eat This Not That-For Kids!!! Kaci is eating real foods and has been for a while now I am pretty cautious with what I feed her but I really think this could be helpful.
Both of these books are supposed to be great books to just sit down and read but are meant to be flipped through and read in sections too. Which is great for me because let's face it I don't have time to sit down and read much right now.
They should arrive by Aug 22nd! WOO HOO! I will let you know what I really think when I get them and put them to use!

3 comments:

  1. I totally want to see those! Will you bring them up when they come? (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of those books and I love them! Totally surprised me on some of the info. I would love to get the kids one, let me know how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on them. I am interested in the comparison of restaurant/store-bought/home-cooked food. Maybe I'll have to go to Barnes & Noble and look.

    ReplyDelete